Saturday, October 3, 2009

9th August 2006

I can safely say that last night was the worst night that we have ever experienced since Dane arrived in hospital. In the wee hours of the morning we were awoken by a nurse. Dane was not coping and his breathing was very rapid. He was rushed back to ICU and while he was being put onto the machines a doctor came to talk to us. He told us that Dane was in a very bad way and until the test came back, they couldn't be sure why.

The he asked the question that I thought I would never hear. Did we want them to do anything further if his breathing or heart stopped. I was shocked- surely we hadn't reached this point. This is a decision no parent should make. Naturally, without hesitation we said yes! The devastation that where feeling is clearly seen on my husband's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment